Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

His Birthday!

WELCOME through my red door!

I am really behind with posting on my blog…even worse than the last time!  Taking a few hiatuses.  But hope to eventually keep up more in the future.  Anyway….

Danny's bdy 2011 339

This table was for my husbands birthday celebration…2 1/2 months ago!!

Danny's bdy 2011 340

His birthday was on April 18!!!

Danny's bdy 2011 341

This one had to be a little more masculine than some of my previous tables, you know, because he’s a man!

Easter 2011 342

So starting with the charger; I borrowed these fabulous wrought iron ones from a friend of mine.  Thank you Sue!   I am so wishing I had bought them myself when I had the chance.  They combine texture and height to this setting!

Easter 2011 343

But of course I wasn’t thinking at the time.  They’re from Taste of Home and are no longer available.  Maybe I’ll check eBayI 

Easter 2011 344

The next charger is from Henn.  Sue and I found the white plates at a flea market.  The whole set was $20.00. 

Easter 2011 345

The salad plates and soup bowls are the cheap $1.25 pieces I found at our local grocery stores back around last fall, I think it was.  Trips to about 5 different locations didn’t even  get enough to make 12 full place settings.

Easter 2011 346

The glasses are from Home Goods; the lantern from At Home America and the candle is from Pottery Barn.  One of my favorite stores!

Easter 2011 347

If I remember right I found the napkins at TJ Maxx and the rings from antique shopping in Virginia.

Easter 2011 348

I honestly can’t remember where this cute little bird came from and it wasn’t even that long ago! But he fit right in on this table.

Easter 2011 350

My husband was pleased!  As I recall the meal was pretty good too, but if I had realized it would take me so long to post this, I would have written the menu down!!

Easter 2011 351

Place settings.

Easter 2011 352

The lantern.

Easter 2011 353

             Easter 2011 357

A closeup view.

Easter 2011 358

Isnt’ he cute!

Easter 2011 355

A little off center, but shows the details in the plate.

Easter 2011 364

The whole thing.  Someone wasn’t home that night for Dad’s birthday!

Easter 2011 362

My birthday was the week after his, but we went out to dinner.  Then our 25th anniversary was the day after that!  We went to a lovely B & B in Lancaster County, so I hadn’t set a table for it.  But I am working on one and will be showing it soon!  Hopefully!

I told you I was a little behind!  And apparently, a lot forgetful!

Thanks for visiting!

I’m linking to Susan’s  Tablescape Thursday.  Come join me there!

                                  tablescapethursday

See you there!

Sheila

8 comments:

  1. Your birthday table looks great. I like the colors you have put together and an lantern like that in the middle of the table is just perfect for a man--it adds interest but then such prettiness when the candle is lit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, your table is wonderful. A great little bird for sure. And your finds on the dishes are amazing. Many blessings, marlis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila, Happy belated birthday to your hubby! I think you captured a masculine look very well! I love that birch candle and the lantern too. Hope your anniversary weekend trip was fun and romantic! On our 25th my hubby was away at boy scout camp with his troop! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you hit just the right combination for a birthday dinner for Mr. Hubby. Your colors are spot on for a "guy" dinner. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelia,
    I adore your tablescape with your husband in mind!!! The plates are stunning and my heart was swooning when I saw your bird perched on the pedestal! I'll drop by again soon!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! It's always difficult to set a "guyscape" and you've done it to perfection. Love those chargers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that you've had a full plate for a while. The birthday tablescape is perfect for your hubby's special day. Thank you for sharing your handsome design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheila, great job on this tablescape! It has such a wonderful masculine feel. I especially love the napkin colors; they'll be beautiful in the Fall, too. I've never seen raised chargers like "yours" -- and I love them! It's great that you have a friend to play in the dishes with!

    ReplyDelete